How can we help you?
We know that planning an event, whether it’s a corporate open house, a wedding reception, a 50th wedding anniversary or any other important occasion can seem overwhelming at times.
Relax! We’re here to help! Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we have had in assisting clients with events planning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all of your menus shown on your website?
- Affordable Elegance Catering realizes that every client is different with diverse preferences and budget requirements. Our website menus are simply suggestions and an introduction to our menus and service. We can customize any menu to meet our clients’ preferences and budget considerations.
What is included in our full service menu price per person?
- Our full service menu price per person includes all food, tableware and buffet ware. It also includes white buffet linen and skirting.
What is included in our service charge?
- Our service charge includes all service aspects of your event. This charge includes delivery, removal, set up and clean up of the buffet and kitchen area, and service staff during your event.
What other charges can I expect?
- Items not included in your menu price and service fee would be all optional items of your choosing. We can provide guest table linens, bar services, rental items, etc. These charges will be disclosed in advance and will be itemized with your estimate.
Do you offer tastings?
- Absolutely! There is no better way to introduce you to our outstanding food and services. We are happy to schedule appointments for free consultations and tastings.
Are you licensed and insured?
- We are a full-service, fully licensed and insured caterer. Our caterers are licensed food handlers.
What are payment arrangements?
- A modest deposit is collected at the time your event is booked. This deposit secures your reservation on our schedule and is applied to your final bill. Full payment is due two weeks before your event. For your convenience, we accept all major credit cards.
When do you need the final guest count?
- We generally try to finalize guest counts approximately two weeks prior to your event. We allow flexibility to accommodate last minute needs and concerns. We realize that this issue can make planning difficult and we are happy to assist you in any way possible.
What is your Cancellation Policy?
- In the event of a cancellation, it will be necessary to recover our costs. The cost of consultation(s), tasting(s), and/or site surveys will be deducted from the deposit and any balance will be refunded.
- For events cancelled within 90 days of the event, the deposit is non-refundable.
- Events cancelled within 30 days of the event will require 25% of the estimated contract will be due.
- Events cancelled within 1 week of the event will require 50% payment of the contract.
- Any event cancelled within 48 hours of the event date will require payment in full.
Is gratuity included in the service fee?
- Gratuity is left to the client’s discretion and is greatly appreciated. Gratuity can be added to your invoice at your request.